Sunday, October 26, 2008

One More

I hadn't known Michael long but knew him well enough to know that he was a buckin' bronc rider and a pretty good one at that. Assuming he was also a good horseman, I invited him to go horseback riding with me. We took the horses, I let him ride mine, from the stall and off we went. As we were turning around to head back to the barn, I thought I'd better warn him that my horse, Red, liked to run back to the barn on a dead run. I really wasn't worried - after all, he was cowboy wasn't he? Too late - Red took off like a rocket and Mike held on for dear life, losing his hat on the way. He ducked just in time to miss the top of the barn and Red screeched to a stop at his stall. I found out later that he rode broncs but he didn't know how to ride a normal horse. He told me he had taken up bronc riding to get over his fear of horses. Yep, he asked me out again.

2 comments:

erin said...

geez - that would have scared the crap out of me. Did he have a mustache when you guys met?

david santos said...

Excellent!!!